Terms & Conditions
Couvert Terms & Conditions:
The term Couvert Event Hire Ltd or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Couvert Event Hire Ltd’s prior written consent.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- All equipment hired remains the property of Couvert Event Hire Ltd, hereafter referred to as ‘Couvert’.
- The hirer warrants that the person signing the delivery note is duly authorized to sign on behalf of the hirer.
- The hirer becomes responsible for the goods when the hirer or agent receives them. If the goods are delivered to the hirer, this will be when the hirer’s responsibility starts. The hirer’s responsibilities include protecting the goods and keeping them safe from the weather, theft, vandalism and improper use.
- The hirer is fully responsible for the equipment and for insuring the equipment if necessary from the time of acceptance until returned to Couvert premises. Couvert do not provide insurance.
- All goods to be checked and signed for by the hirer or agent on delivery. Deliveries left at the premises unattended are left at the hirer’s risk.
- If the hirer has any cause for complaint concerning the condition or performance of equipment hired then Couvert must be notified by telephone or email immediately. No consideration for redress will be given once the equipment has been used.
- Delivery and collection are chargeable. Deliveries are to main door, ground level entrance unless pre-arranged. It is a hire condition that goods will be repacked ready for collection on the day agreed. The hirer is responsible for ensuring all items are correctly packed and ready for collection. In the event that our staff have to pack goods then further charges will be incurred.
- Couvert will make every effort to effect delivery and collection at the times indicated by the hirer however no responsibility will be taken by Couvert if the requested times are not complied with owing to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- All equipment is delivered packed, clean and ready for use. Equipment should be returned rinsed and clear of excess food. A 20% cleaning charge is applicable on certain items. Table linen must not be returned wet or damp as this can cause damage. Damage caused by this along with irremovable stains and burn marks will be charged at the full replacement cost.
- Full payment plus a returnable deposit must be made before the event. The refundable deposit will be £50 or 10% of total hire cost (whichever is greater). Delivery will not be made unless payment is received in full or account facilities have been agreed in advance. The deposit will be returned once all hired items have been received and checked by Couvert and will be less current replacement costs of missing items, breakages or damage.
- Payment of the hire charge and returnable deposit must be made at least 14 days prior to the event.
- Cancellation of orders within 14 days of date of delivery is chargeable at 25% of the total hire charge. Cancellation within 7 days of date of delivery is chargeable at 50% of total hire charge and within 72 hours of delivery date is chargeable at the full hire charge.
- Couvert reserves the right to change any price without the need to give prior notice.
- Where the deposit is not sufficient to cover the replacement cost, the hirer is liable for the balance.
- Prices are quoted for one day’s hire only. All prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate. Weekend hire charged as one day’s hire. Delivery or collection for weekend hire will take place on Friday with returns made on Monday.
- All hired goods must be returned within the delivery boxes supplied. No return of delivery boxes will be charged at current replacement prices.
- Couvert accepts no responsibility or liability for any damage caused to persons or property, or loss of profit claimed by the hirer in respect of any interruptions, delays, inaccuracies, errors, omissions or any failure to deliver or from the use of any equipment under hire.
Couvert Event Hire website disclaimer:
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Couvert Event Hire Ltd and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Couvert Event Hire Ltd. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly.
However, Couvert Event Hire Ltd takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.